Monday, October 12, 2009

Belated Birthday Boy#1

Eli turned 6!! ...on AUGUST 12th. (Really, would you expect anything else from me, am I EVER on time?) So Eli is the first in a new blog series we'll call Belated Birthday Boys.

On his big day, Eli had a "small" party with a couple friends at Sun Mountain Fun Center. Wow, talk about a lot of energy. For some reason I thought I could handle the small party by myself, what was I thinking?? Luckily, I had some unexpected help from a good friend. The boys (& Paige) had a blast and Eli was flying high after an afternoon with his friends. For dinner we went to Yoko's for some sushi-Eli's request. And then enjoyed an army cake (check out the cake I made, I was pretty proud of it, after the pirate ship fiasco a couple years ago, I really wasn't expecting much) after opening some pretty nifty presents.

We're truly lucky to have Eli in our family. He is amazing. We learn from him every day. Can't wait to see what adventures we have to come. Love him to pieces!

My Eli favorites...
1. "Mom, you can hold my hand whenever you want, no matter where we are. You don't even have to ask." And he meant it. He's a momma's boy and I love it.
2. He is the original "snug"gler of the family.
3. He loves all food and will eat anything.
4. His tender heart. See 1 and 2.
5. This boy is a crazy deep thinker. Wow. The gospel doctrine he & I discuss...Mom has a hard time keeping up.

His favorites...
1. Anything Army (check out his cake). Missiles, jets, tanks, etc.
2. Phineas and Ferb
3. Riding his bike
4. Swimming & Jumping off the diving board
5. LEGOs-he's a pretty impressive Lego inventor
6. Sushi. Seriously-that's what he wanted for his birthday dinner.

Two hands!!
The party-goers miniature golfing
Do you think he was excited about this one?

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Oh my goodness we are the LAMEST aunt and uncle ever.... we totally forgot to send birthday presents! (we have them sitting here) And we have letters that have been sitting on our desk since the reunion to send to you... one of these days we'll catch up.

traci said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Eli! Your cake looks awesome!

Sarah said...

So cute! I can't wait to see you guys in a month or so! I LOVE the opening his present picture!