Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wrong season, I know...

So this post has been in the making for a while. And while it does deal with winter, in my defense, summer just barely arrived on Monday. I wasn't sure if it was ever going to come!

Well this year I would say was the year of the ski for our family. Chris signed the kids up for a 10 week All Mountain Ski School at Mt. Bachelor and us up for an incredible program they ran this year called Ski or Ride in 5. For $200 ea. Chris and I got 5 2-hour skiing lessons and upon completion of those lessons we got a 12 multi day pass and then we get 50% off a season pass next year. It was a ridiculous screamin deal. But what that meant is EVERY Saturday morning from mid-January until what ended up the middle of April (beautiful bluebird days kept showing up!) we packed our lunches, packed our gear and headed up to the mountain. It was an incredible time for our family. We all slept really well on Saturday nights.
Eli of course took to the slopes like a pro. He skiied 90,000 vertical feet this season, with multiple summit runs. He skiis circles around me, its kind of embarrassing! Luckily his dad is just as much of a daredevil. Paige injured her knee the second week of camp...she couldn't walk for a few weeks, they were concerned her miniscus had folded over, but in the end it was just a strain of the MCL. She didn't get going again until March and quickly made up for lost time, she can't quite keep up with her mom, but pretty close! She by far got the most attention on the mountain as the cute little peanut flying down the runs. All in all it was the best winter I've been through yet. As most of you know, I HATE THE COLD! But skiing helped me embrace what the winter is all about and I'm really looking forward to next season. Not that I want to go back to the cold anytime soon!

The sandwich production line EVERY Sat. morning
All our gear
What a cute girl with her FAVORITE instructor.
Eli with his instructor Donald on Pirate Day


0 comments: