Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to Paige


March 18, 2005

March 18, 2009
Its hard to believe that baby girl is FOUR! What an amazing four years its been!
Our little Lou-bear is just an absolute joy! We are SO blessed to have her in our family.
I thought I'd share a few my favorites and a few of her's. For some of you, its been a while since you've seen her and for others, its never!

My Paige favorites...
1. She loves to hug and kiss. She even has a kissing routine, seriously. A kiss on each cheek, right then left. A kiss on my lips. A kiss on my forehead and a kiss on the top of my head. Then a TIGHT hug. This happens at bed time, in the morning, before school, when I go to workout...you get the idea.
2. Whenever Chris or I leave the house, she stands at the front door and says, "Love you, love you!" Until we say, "Love you, love you" back to her. Only after we ping-pong back and forth a couple times, will she happily close the door.
3. Her singing is one of my favorite sounds on earth-it warms my heart and makes me smile!
4. Her double-eye flip. I should post a picture of this sometime. It is so creepy-its awesome. She LOVES to flip her eye-lids and freak people out. She's been flipping her lids since she was 18 months. Crazy.
Her favorites...
1. Coloring, painting...anything that involves creating. She could do it for hours.
2. Disney Princesses. Sleeping Beauty is the favorite.
3. Her family, especially her older brother Eli. There's nobody she'd rather be with.
4. Singing. She sings everything from Primary songs to Backyardigans to Paige originals (which are MY favorites)
5. Peanut Butter and Chocolate. She's a smart girl.
6. Bath time
7. Bolt
Paige was queen for the day on her birthday. We had breakfast chosen specially by her. We bounced our socks off at Bouncing of the Walls. We went to Red Robin (yummmmm) for dinner. Then we opened presents and had a Bolt cake and cookies and cream ice cream with the McMahan's. She got to stay up and party way too late that night! But if you can't stay up late on your birthday, when can you??

A girl and her dog. Bolt was the prized present! Apparently, I could have spent just $15 and spared myself the damage pictured below.

Next time, somebody please shoot me with a tranquilizer dart! This was the scene the morning after. It was then I realized I might have gone a little overboard. Oops!

5 comments:

Earl & Girls said...

I can't believe how big she is getting. I'm sure she loved every minute of it.

Kari and Jared said...

I can't believe she is four already. My how time flies! How did you do the picture of your family at the top. I totally want to do that but I don't know how!

Clawson Family said...

OH! I love her birthday post! Made me miss you guys even more. She is growing up so fast, what a cutie pie! Happy Birthday to Paige!

Valerie: said...

hello!! Good to see you guys have a blog. How fun! I will have to add you to our list. I love looking at other people's blogs. Looks like your doing good there in bend. I think jen said you bought a huge house. Lucky! Hope your doing well talk to you soon Valerie Cooper-VanderLinden

The Thomas Family said...

Hey Stef!
Remember us from the Raleigh Hills Ward? I just found your blog off the Pack's. I'm so glad you're a blogger! Your kids are getting so big. Where are you all living? (Cali?)
You all look great!